Bath Leaders Adventure Weekend
30 leaders from across Bath came together for a weekend of fun and adventurous activities at Briarlands campsite this weekend.
- Built a giant bridge with the help of Girlguiding Oxfordshire’s pioneering team (massive thanks to John, Ruth and Frances for coming so far to help us!)
- Learnt how to light a fire and cook outdoors (thanks to Bev from South West District!)
- Took part in a fencing taster session with Jo, Somerset North County’s Fencing Advisor (thanks Jo!)
- Learnt how to run a wide game and played one around the Briarlands site (thanks to Hayley from North East District!)
- Tried out a variety of outdoor crafts, including making smoke tiles, foraged dream catchers, and tie dying
- Had a good old campfire sing song with s’mores (again, thanks Bev!)
The weekend was a great success thanks in particular to Clare Beacham from North West District, who organised the weekend and Barbara Beach from South East District, who kept us all fed and watered.
We are keen to run another leader weekend next year and would welcome your thoughts on our poll in the Bath Division Facebook Group.
Here are a few photos of our antics from the weekend…
You might also like
You can be an inspiration for girls and young women. Inspire the next generation by just being yourself and being there. Find out more about volunteering with Girlguiding: