Safe Space Reminder
Girlguiding requires all volunteers to complete Safe Space training by 31st December 2020.
This training is really important and is designed to help you create an environment where girls can be safe and have fun. Safety is at the heart of everything we do. We know that when girls feel safe, they feel brave enough to do things they never thought they could.
Safety is so important to us, that volunteers who do not complete the training will lose their membership of Girlguiding. If you lose your membership, you will not be able to rejoin Girlguiding for three years.
All of the training is available online and is very quick and easy to complete.
What you need to do…
Please check that you have completed the right level of training for your role:
- All volunteers, including:
- Occasional helpers
- Home contacts
- Young leaders
- Assistant leaders
- Unit helpers
- Leaders in training
- Young leaders
- Those attending residential events
- Anyone leading a team of adults
- At least one leader per unit (leader, assistant leader, leader in training)
- Licence holders on residentials
If you are not sure what role you hold, then please talk to your unit leader or your District Commissioner.
If you are a unit leader, please can you help us by…
- Checking that everyone in your unit team has completed the right level of training
- Letting your district commissioner know if there is anyone on your unit team on GO if that is no longer actively volunteering (ending their role now will allow them to rejoin later, whilst if they lose their membership we will not be able to invite them back for three years)
- Letting your district commissioner know if anyone in your unit team is struggling to complete their Safe Space training for any reason.
If you need any help completing your Safe Space training, please contact your District Commissioner for support. We are here to help you!
You might also like
You can be an inspiration for girls and young women. Inspire the next generation by just being yourself and being there. Find out more about volunteering with Girlguiding: