Leaders in Training (in lockdown!)
If you are a leader in training, there are ways that you can continue to work towards your leadership qualification – even during lockdown!
Here are a few ways you can keep up the momentum:
- Make your Promise online: You can make your promise to your mentor, District Commissioner or Unit Leader during an online meeting in Zoom.
- Complete the discussion clauses: There are a number of sections in the LQ that require discussion with your mentor. You can hold a session with your mentor on Zoom or by telephone to get these signed off.
- Safe Space training: Make sure you have completed your Level 1 and 2 safe space training. You will need your membership number to hand when you complete the training. Make sure you print or save the certificate when you completed the training.
- Other online training: There are elearning courses on Keeping Information Safe, the programme, and … You will need your membership number to hand when you complete the training. Make sure you print or save the certificate when you completed the training.
- Activities online: If your unit is meeting online, then you can plan and lead an activity. Make sure you read Girlguiding’s information available regarding planning and running meetings online. If your unit is not currently running, please contact your District Commissioner who can put you in touch with a unit that is meeting online where you can help in the short term.
Remember to keep a record of what you have done and who witnessed it so that they can sign off your LQ book when we return to guiding face-to-face.
If you have been thinking about doing your leadership qualification for a while and find that you now have the time and motivation to get started, please contact your District Commissioner. You can download the Leadership Qualification checklist from the link below to see what you need to do – you may find you have done a lot of it already!
You might also like
You can be an inspiration for girls and young women. Inspire the next generation by just being yourself and being there. Find out more about volunteering with Girlguiding: