Wessex Water have an opportunity that may be of interest to some of our senior section members and young leaders. If you have sixth former in your unit, please share this unique opportunity to get involved in the running of a large organisation while kick starting a career in the world of business.
Young People’s Panel
Wessex Water have an exciting opportunity for sixth formers to get involved in the running of one of the largest businesses in our region. This is the second year of Wessex Water’s Young People’s Panel which brings the views of young adults into the decision-making they do to plan their future operations.
Wessex Water are recruiting for 20 individuals who live in the Wessex Water region to join the panel, which will allow their voices heard at executive level and provide a unique opportunity for them to kickstart a career in the world of business.
How will you benefit?
You will have real influence on the decisions made by senior management as well as:
- See inside the workings of a major business
- Meet other like-minded sixth formers from around the region
- Get a formal reference for use in UCAS or apprenticeship applications
- Get a £100 reward for taking part
The Young People’s Panel will attend board meetings on two occasions, Friday 22 September and Friday 17 November, at Wessex Water’s headquarters in Bath.
The meetings will start at 10am so applicants need to be able to get to Bath for this time. We will reimburse individuals for all travel expenses to board meetings. The meetings will finish at approximately 4pm and will include a mix of briefings from senior executives about the business and the challenges it faces, and facilitated problem-solving exercises.
Between the two board meetings, members of the panel will also complete a number of online tasks and keep in touch via a private Facebook group.
Who should apply?
Wessex Water would expect applicants to be one or more of the following:
- Thinking about a career in a business setting; perhaps as an engineer, a product developer, in a financial, a customer service or marketing role, or even would-be entrepreneurs who plan to run their own business one day.
- Someone who enjoys getting their point across: taking an active part in class discussions and debates and problem-solving.
- A good team player: a good listener as well as a good talker.
Information about how to apply is available at: wessexwater.co.uk/ypp.
Applications close 5pm on Friday 2 June 2017.