It sounds like we have a good number of leaders attending the Safe Space Level 3 training in Brislington on 3rd or 4th February, which is excellent news.
Here are a few tips to help you prepare for the training so you can get the most out of your session…
Before the Training
Before attending the training you will need to complete Level 1 and Level 2 of the revised A Safe Space training or equivalent and the e-learning element of Level 3.
This can be achieved in one of three ways:
- By having completed the previous A Safe Space training during 2015-2017 and then the e-learning element of Level 3.
- By completing Levels 1 and 2 as e-learning and the e-learning element of Level 3.
- By attending a face to face training for the revised A Safe Space Levels 1 and 2 training and completing the e-learning element of Level 3.
E-learning can be accessed at the following links and each module will take 20-30 minutes to complete:
Attending the Training
The morning sessions will run from 10 am – 1pm and the afternoon sessions from 2pm – 5pm.
Uniform should be worn.
What to Bring
Please take a copy of the following with you:
- Your GO record or relevant certificates to confirm that you have completed Levels 1 and 2 and the e-learning element of Level 3
- If you have not been able to have the conversation required to complete the e-learning Level 2 training, then please bring a copy of your completed worksheet. Please note: the ‘conversation’ will form part of the introduction to the Level 3 training
Travel expenses are a legitimate cost that can be claimed from your unit. If your unit is unable to reimburse your expenses, please contact your District Commissioner as soon as possible.